Friday, February 4, 2011

Justin Bieber Takes A Trip Down Memory Lane In Grammy Promo


‘This definitely means the world to me, win or lose,’ pop star says of his nominations.


Much like his feature-film debut in “Never Say Never,” Justin Bieber takes fans down memory lane in the latest “Music Is Life Is Music” promo for the 53rd annual Grammy Awards. Playing the guitar and crooning to Tracy Chapman’s “Fast Car,” the 16-year-old phenomenon candidly talks about the industry event, musical influences and his journey into the hearts of millions of teenage girls.


“What’s up, everybody? I’m Justin Bieber, and I’m very excited to be at the Grammys. I’ve dreamed about this since I was young,” the singer says from his dressing room. The scene then appropriately cuts to childhood clips of the two-time nominee. As his hit single “Baby” plays in the background, the teen sensation talks about his very first performance and the artists who have molded his sound. “The first song I ever performed was ’3 A.M.’ by Matchbox Twenty, and I was in a singing competition. My musical inspirations vary. It’s like Michael Jackson, Prince, Ozzy Osbourne, also Usher.”


Bieber credits his mom for his out-of-the-gate success, saying, “The person most responsible for my success is my mother, ’cause she gave up everything for me. I love you, Mom. This definitely means the world to me, win or lose,” adding, “I’m just excited to be nominated.” Bieber joins fellow nominees Eminem and Katy Perry, who also filmed Grammy promos.


Come February 13, the teen idol will face off against Drake, Florence & the Machine, Mumford & Sons and Esperanza Spalding in the coveted Best New Artist category. In the race for Best Pop Vocal Album, Bieber’s My World 2.0 will also compete against some stiff competition, including releases from Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Susan Boyle and John Mayer.


Regardless of the outcome, Beliebers should be excited to see their favorite pop star join Jaden Smith and Usher in a special performance for the annual awards show.


Source: MTV.com


No comments:

Post a Comment